Information for Sellers
Selling a Home is the one thing that almost everyone does at one point in their lives – sells their home. This can be a very confusing time, filled with many questions and few answers. It is hard to understand all of the questions you may have about selling your home. Fortunately, Home Pros Realty can help.
Home Pros Realty can help you with all of the questions you have about selling your home. Home Pros Realty specializes in the Central Florida Area and we have over 14 years, servicing the Central Florida Area. We pride ourselves on quality customer service. Our customers come first and we make selling your home, the same way. We will make you our first priority. Our agents are Bilingual/bicultural, multi-task oriented professionals, with extensive experience in the industry.ea
Let’s get started with the home selling process so that you can understand how easy and hassle-free Home Pros Realty Realtors make it for our valued clients.
Click on any link from the list below, or follow them step-by-step to learn more:
#1 Preparing to Sell your Home
You may also want to begin making a list of all of the interior and exterior projects that you want to complete before placing your home on the market.
Contacting a Home Pros Realty Realtor will point you in the right direction, too. Our Realtors have the knowledge and understanding of the industry. They can provide reliable information and get you moving in the right direction towards the sale of your home.
#2 So You're Ready to Sell your Home
Problems like chipped paint, dirty walls, windows and doors, unfinished remodeling projects and cluttered garages are all areas for home selling improvement. Treat the sale of your home as you would with any day living in your residence. Neat, tidy and organized works!
#3 You’re Ready to List
1. Search the Internet for your local real estate companies.
2. Review local publications for Realtor advertisements.
3. Call each company to compare commission fees, marketing campaigns and yearly sales volume.
4. Talk to your friends and neighbors. 9 times out of 10, someone you know has sold their home and can provide a credible recommendation to point you in the right direction.
When choosing a Realtor, do not be afraid to meet with many different Realtors. They are, after all, competing for your business. This competition is what makes the real estate industry successful.
Feel free to ask them the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in this industry?
- What is your selling experience in my community?
- What professional certifications do you hold (ex. Certified Residential Specialist–CRS)?
- What services will you provide for me as my Realtor?
- How will you represent my property?
- Can you provide a market analysis for my property?
- How will you determine the price of my home?
- What is the fee for your services?
- Can you provide all of the different scenarios with the sale of my property? (as far as commissions and fees)
- Can you explain the paperwork that I will need to sign?
- What is the timeframe for listing my property with you?
#4 Determining Property Value
There are a number of factors that go into determining the value of a home.
- It is realistic to compare the homes in your area and the asking prices of those homes.
- The law of supply and demand always comes into play. Do you live in an area with increasing job opportunities or an increasing supply of homes?
- Owners needs greatly impact the selling price of a home. Do you need a quick sell or do you have time to sit on your sale?
- The selling price is not cut and dry. On many occasions, the seller will negotiate the price, split closing costs or offer different allowances to the buyer, to make the sale of the home complete.
A Home Pros Realty Realtor can provide a Comparable MarketAnalysis of the homes for sale in your area. A Market Analysis is free and without obligation. For more information on how to receive a FREE Comparable Market Analysis that will help you properly determine the value of your home, contact Home Pros Realty at 863-430-8222 or contact us here.
#5 Getting Your Home Out on the Market
There are a number of different ways that a Realtor can drive traffic to view your home:
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Open Houses
- Print Advertising
- HOMES™ Magazines
- Home Pros Realty Marketing Strategies
#6 Selling Your Home
An acceptable offer depends on many different things:
- Is the proposed offer near the asking price?
- The timeframe of the seller – Does the seller have another house payment? Insurance?
- Does the owner have enough time to wait for the Realtor to bring them more potential buyers?
- What if the home is listed and never receives a single offer?
- What if several offers are received at the same time?
When potential buyers are searching for a home, they can respond in three different ways to the seller(s):
1. This home is not what we were looking for. We are not interested in the property.
2. We are interested in the home and we will purchase the property on the buyer’s terms per the real estate agreement.
3. We are interested in the home, but here is our counter-offer for the property.
This negotiating process can at times seem very complicated. However, if you are equip with the right Home Pros Realty Realtor, all of this can be made hassle-free.
During the negotiating process of the sale of a home, the seller can react in one of three different ways:
1. Accept the buyer’s proposed offer
2. Decline the buyer’s offer
3. Make a new counter-offer
#7 Saying Goodbye To Your Home
Closings usually take about 30 to 45 days to complete. This mainly depends on the buyer’s financing availability, successful home inspection completion, and various lender conditions (ex. title search, title insurance, termite inspections, surveys and appraisals).
The closing process is the transfer of the title of the property from the seller to the buyer. The buyer will receive the keys to the home or the deed to the land, while the seller receives payment for the property. The amount the seller receives is based upon the amount that is still owed on the mortgage, any outstanding fees or taxes and any additional closing costs. All legal papers are filed with the local record office.
It is this step where the buyers and sellers do very little. It is important as the buyerto take a final walk through the property to make sure the property’s condition as not changed. It is equally important for both the buyer and seller to make sure the paperwork they are signing reflects the agreement of the original sale.
#8 Surviving the Move
The key to surviving your move is to first analysis the situation. You may want to ask yourself this question, “What does my move entail?” “Will I be moving across the country or just down the block?” “Could I handle the move myself, provided I have the right packing materials and friends to help” Or “Do I need to explore the option of hiring a professional moving company?”
There are many resources out there. You may want to consult your Home Pros Realty Realtor for guidance or refer to our Moving Checklist for more information.